This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#785444 by slinky09
09 Jul 2011, 07:39
tontybear wrote:Saturday - walk arounf Oak Park looking at Frank Lloye Wright Houses then fire works at Navy Pier

Sunday - visit to Lincoln Park for shopping and strolling

But thats only because I'm on Holiday :O)

I love Broadway and Halstead for shopping strolling - there's a great bookstore 'Unabridged' on Broadway and around it some funky shops including Equinox which is great for glass and Christmas.

Enjoy Chicago!
#785445 by RedVee
09 Jul 2011, 08:14
Today, off to Vinea on the Albert dock for a wine tasting with charcuterie and cheese, yum.

And tomorrow, in complete contrast, off to watch Saints at Wakefield, probably the only team with a worse ground than ours was. At least our new stadium is taking shape.

Regards
R3dV
#785448 by pjh
09 Jul 2011, 09:13
Quick head polish, pint or two of Broadside with lunch, doing presentations and documents that I foolishly committed to having done by Monday to support a project "realignment".
#785455 by Neil
09 Jul 2011, 10:44
Vegascrazy wrote:.....bickering with t'other half over whether an A5 or XF should replace existing A3! Test drives today to decide!!

EDIT: I am the 'pro XF' one ;)

A5 S-Line black edition all the way
#785463 by jbis
09 Jul 2011, 12:26
At work and on call for the next 48 hours. Don't get ill in central London- I'm not in a good mood.* Especially as a week ago I was on a beach in Zanzibar.

*unless you're a V-flyer in which case come with your luggage tags attached.
#785468 by MrT
09 Jul 2011, 14:50
Moving all my data across to my desktop PC and reformatting my laptop. :(

& watching the GP.
#785509 by Hamster
10 Jul 2011, 15:31
Scrooge wrote:Work and more work followed by Troll Hunting, fun game, normally at least it is for me :w

I just googled "troll hunting"... I assume you mean something different to the first result ):

Work for me, well finished now, but other half has had time to test drive some cars, now do I let him get a range rover ?|

Luke085 wrote:
Hamster wrote:
Luke085 wrote:Off for a theme park fix tomorrow at Thorpe park.

The ultimate fastpass/fastrack, whatever Thorpe call it, is a god send! So much better than queues.

LOL if you've got an extra £65 laying around!! :P

I have found it really worth it, especially if it's busy.
Hope you had a good day, weather hasn't been too bad for a day out.
#785520 by stevebrass
10 Jul 2011, 17:05
Saturday visiting youngest son and taking in the Royal Observatory Greenwich.

Sunday viewing the "Staffordshire Hoard" then watching the GP.

Gulf Coast Horburyflyer? Come next April!
#785521 by honey lamb
10 Jul 2011, 18:58
Whale-watching and fireworks yesterday. Was up at 5:00a.m to say goodbye to a friend who was departing to Washington DC via Toronto and Newark.

Still trying to decide what to do today. Possibly Craigdorrich Castle and the Underwater Garden as well as some people watching.

Back to Seattle tomorrow and then SFO
#785548 by Jacki
11 Jul 2011, 07:14
Daughterly duties in Brighton over the weekend, but managed to meet a few friends for lunch as well.
#785555 by Alex V
11 Jul 2011, 08:35
Worked saturday & sunday

watched the grand prix live on BBc Iplayer whilst at work luckily i can because its my company!

went to the Hilton Kensington to pick up the inlaws sunday late afternoon and nipped to the Whole Foods market on Kensington High street for some goodies, does anyone else like shopping here?

cheers

alex
#785565 by Decker
11 Jul 2011, 11:46
Hamster wrote:
Scrooge wrote:Work and more work followed by Troll Hunting, fun game, normally at least it is for me :w

I just googled "troll hunting"... I assume you mean something different to the first result ):

OK that's funny :)
#785597 by Scrooge
11 Jul 2011, 18:38
Hamster wrote:

LMFAO oo)

My weekend ended up being work, work and more work, though I did find a new game.

A friend went into labor, while everyone is running around like a lunatic grabbing clothes etc for the hospital I was told to time the contractions.....

"M, your going to be in a lot of pain in 30 seconds, 20 seconds, 10, 9, 8" "you really are an a********e"

:D
Virgin Atlantic