This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#901317 by hiljil
19 Apr 2015, 11:50
I have just checked in online for my flight tomorrow ( sorry - with BA !) and I have received notification that is will be delayed 2 hours. oo) . Well to begin with, I suspect !!! I am amazed with all the fleet available to BA that they can anticipate this 24 hours ahead and not do anything about it.

Has anyone any ideas, please, what could cause a delay at a home airport 24 hours away ?!

Thank You. :#
#901318 by pjh
19 Apr 2015, 11:55
I would assume a knock on from a previous delay for the incoming airframe, perhaps caused by a technical or weather issue somewhere in the world.

BA may have a huge fleet but the types are different and not necessarily interchangeable, and even with that fleet the economics will leave very aircraft few idling around doing nothing.
#901327 by mitchja
19 Apr 2015, 12:32
Not sure if this is at all related (probably not) but yesterday BA where using a B767 (G-BNWB) for UK domestic flights on the LHR>MAN>LHR route.

Today that A/C is back on euro routes.

It was very bizarre sitting on a wide body, twin aisle A/C flying up to MAN (which was full as well). When I checked-in the day before via the app, the seat map was showing the usual domestic A320 A/C ?|
#901330 by hiljil
19 Apr 2015, 12:52
Thank you both !

It just sounded odd to me to have such an early notification. I suppose people would say that is good as they could time their arrival to LGW later.
#901333 by tontybear
19 Apr 2015, 13:24
hiljil wrote:Thank you both !

It just sounded odd to me to have such an early notification. I suppose people would say that is good as they could time their arrival to LGW later.

People should only turn up later if BA have specifically said check-in will close at a later time. Otherwise they risk not being allowed to fly.

They often catch up on delays and still have an on-time departure.
#901334 by PaulS
19 Apr 2015, 13:26
I think it's a knock on from the second incoming flight from Orlando which is shown as being delayed. You might might lucky and make up some time during the flight. Have a great trip.
#901338 by horburyflyer
19 Apr 2015, 13:38
I did notice that BA2202 was over two hours late arriving into LGW today and seems to be operating the slightly delayed (50mins) BA2039 this afternoon. The aircraft is G-VIIT.

I wonder if this is causing the knock on delay. Regardless, hopefully the additional time at the airport is stress-free and do have a wonderful trip.

Jon
#901339 by whiterose
19 Apr 2015, 13:39
hiljil wrote:Thank you both !

Sorry to hear this hiljil, disconcerting for you. Hope it all goes well and that you have a good flight.
#901341 by CHill710
19 Apr 2015, 14:04
mitchja wrote:Not sure if this is at all related (probably not) but yesterday BA where using a B767 (G-BNWB) for UK domestic flights on the LHR>MAN>LHR route.

Today that A/C is back on euro routes.

It was very bizarre sitting on a wide body, twin aisle A/C flying up to MAN (which was full as well). When I checked-in the day before via the app, the seat map was showing the usual domestic A320 A/C ?|

They do use the 767 on some EDI flights as part of the normal rotation. Perhaps without little red we will see BA 767s in Manchester more often as there is now no alternative to LHR (other than the train to Euston)
#901345 by hiljil
19 Apr 2015, 15:13
Thank you - I really wasn't expecting such detailed replies.

I am now at the Hilton & suddenly the expected delay doesn't seem so bad. My holiday is underway . :D 8D
#901346 by mallin
19 Apr 2015, 15:27
Hope you can at last relax Hillary and have a good nights sleep.

Do you have a villa you go to? Linda
#901348 by hiljil
19 Apr 2015, 15:59
Thank you , Linda.

Yes we are going to a villa in Venice that I watched being built this time last year.
#901350 by Fuzzy14
19 Apr 2015, 16:41
I had this last year on BA2038, they emailed me 2 days in advance to warm me of a 2.5 hour delay. No reason given. Ended up being 3 hours late, missed connections, EU261 etc.
Virgin Atlantic