A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#792325 by HWVlover
26 Sep 2011, 19:26
Better start saving!
#792357 by Hamster
26 Sep 2011, 22:37
:0 I LOVE his food. A trip to Yountville can be based on dinner at The French Laundry :P
But Harrods? I hate most of it, too many people xx(
#792368 by Decker
26 Sep 2011, 23:50
French Laundry was WAY overpriced and under delivering last time we went. We preferred GR at the London West Hollywood and it was 1/3rd of the price.
#792372 by slinky09
27 Sep 2011, 07:09
Completely agree with Decker, the French Laundry for me was a total let down, a bit like Dinner by Heston. The FL was overpriced, two of the nine course tasting menu items were memorable, the restaurant had no atmosphere either.

But then I won't be rushing to Cut at 45 Park Lane either, Cut in Beverly Hills was like being on a sales roller coaster and I sent my steak back last time there ...
#792391 by MarkedMan
27 Sep 2011, 13:29
I haven't actually eaten at one of his restaurants in Yountville in three and a half years, as Bottega there makes a dish BH's mother used to make all the time back in Italy, and does a great job of it, so it's kind of a forced thing when we're in the area :D

But I actually like Ad Hoc better than FL or even Bouchon. FL takes too long, I appreciate designing a menu from scratch every day as an exercise in skills, but as others have said the results can be hit and miss, and the place lacks touches that should be a given for the price, I'll spare you the anecdotes. The simple, classic dishes they make at Ad Hoc on the other hand have always delivered.
Virgin Atlantic