A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#890353 by whiterose
16 Dec 2014, 08:33
NV43 wrote:There have been 2123 views of this thread

Obviously, not everyone is a paying member of V-flyer, but when the event location is published, and if you are in the local area, consider dropping in for a drink.

You can drop pretentious, wealthy, insular and denigrating; we are simply a group of enthusiasts that choose to fly VS, most of the time.

Come and meet us; we do not, ever, condescend, we enjoy ourselves and enjoy passing on our accumulated knowledge to others.

Would love to join you, would really like to meet other V-Flyers, but I don't work in central London now.

Maybe there could be one further north? :)
#890370 by NV43
16 Dec 2014, 14:48
There was a V-Flyer social gathering on the evening prior to the inaugural MAN - LHR flight.

Maybe we should set up an event to mark the end of the Manchester serice in March 2015, and then another couple in Edinburgh and Aberdeen in September?
#890393 by CHill710
16 Dec 2014, 18:49
NV43 wrote:There was a V-Flyer social gathering on the evening prior to the inaugural MAN - LHR flight.

Maybe we should set up an event to mark the end of the Manchester serice in March 2015, and then another couple in Edinburgh and Aberdeen in September?

I'm up for that.

Sorry I can't be there tonight I am flying back from EDI on VS3010 and then have to drive back to Dorset to work tomorrow.
I'll wave as I pass overhead on approach to LHR.
#890398 by Blacky1
16 Dec 2014, 19:14
Have a great time tonight guys ,can't even stay in mobile contact tonight now as my phone has just been picked up to be repaired after I dropped it earlier !
So Joe,nuksy G etc I'll be back up and running in the morning
#890399 by joeyc
16 Dec 2014, 19:18
Joey is sitting at the table watching the foot traffic wander passed the window ... Joey has also started drinking and will continue to refer to himself in the third person :P :P

Social up North sounds good and if Joey is able to make it you know he will... 8D
#890405 by tontybear
16 Dec 2014, 20:21
joeyc wrote:Joey is sitting at the table watching the foot traffic wander passed the window ... Joey has also started drinking and will continue to refer to himself in the third person :P :P

Social up North sounds good and if Joey is able to make it you know he will... 8D

I hope Joey is not alone!
#890408 by cooperman
16 Dec 2014, 20:33
CHill710 wrote:
NV43 wrote:There was a V-Flyer social gathering on the evening prior to the inaugural MAN - LHR flight.

I'm up for that.

+1 y)

I think jfenney has a desire to replicate said gathering as well.... ):
#890424 by honey lamb
16 Dec 2014, 22:52
Will someone put me out of my misery. Is Joey still sitting there on his own?
#890432 by cooperman
16 Dec 2014, 23:57
honey lamb wrote:Will someone put me out of my misery. Is Joey still sitting there on his own?

Looks like they're having such a good time that they're not able to report in yet...... :o)
Unless..oh no...not a lonely Joey :0
#890437 by gfonk
17 Dec 2014, 00:19
i think he was alone at 18:18 as gfonk was lost in soho lol
gfonk thinks he got there just after 18:25
walked in to the wrong bar before and realised there were no girls in the bar lol
#890446 by pjh
17 Dec 2014, 04:03
RachelCox wrote:Have fun guys, would love to attend a social at some point. Alas I am up at 4am tomorrow for a schlep to Huntingdon and back.

How can a visit to the fair town of Huntingdon be considered "a schlep"?

Hope a good time was had by all during the evening.
#890460 by joeyc
17 Dec 2014, 15:09
cooperman wrote:
honey lamb wrote:Will someone put me out of my misery. Is Joey still sitting there on his own?

Looks like they're having such a good time that they're not able to report in yet...... :o)
Unless..oh no...not a lonely Joey :0

Joey wasn't alone for too long :P

It was a fantastic night out and the evening didn't end until about 430am. Lots of alcohol consumed and conversation shared. Paying for it today though and I am counting down the hours until I can get back to bed ][|)

Cheers all 8D
#890479 by gfonk
17 Dec 2014, 23:57
though i was only there for an hour before it got really going it was good too see you all again and to meet a new person.
until next time all.
#890498 by NV43
18 Dec 2014, 23:50
It was, excellent to put faces to names.

Joeyc tells fibs, we were turfed out at 5 am: I have not been that drunk since I was a student; I did fend off several individuals who were intent on enticing me to visit their clubs on the walk back to my hotel.

I didn't.

Joeyc has also reduced my possibility of winning the VS Krispy Kreme Doughnuts competition by using the internet to confirm the correct answer.

27th December; Las Vegas, not looking good on G fares, at the moment.

The detector is a Geo-Laser; not a person monitor.

Read the current outing of the security issues pertaining to the iPhone finger-print 'scanner' and security measures.

NV
#890504 by Hull
19 Dec 2014, 07:50
NV43 wrote:It was, excellent to put faces to names.

Joeyc tells fibs, we were turfed out at 5 am: I have not been that drunk since I was a student; I did fend off several individuals who were intent on enticing me to visit their clubs on the walk back to my hotel.

I didn't.

Joeyc has also reduced my possibility of winning the VS Krispy Kreme Doughnuts competition by using the internet to confirm the correct answer.

27th December; Las Vegas, not looking good on G fares, at the moment.

The detector is a Geo-Laser; not a person monitor.

Read the current outing of the security issues pertaining to the iPhone finger-print 'scanner' and security measures.

NV

Good meeting you too,

So it is for monitoring any subsidence caused by the Crossrail tunneling works.

Dominic
#896129 by NV43
19 Feb 2015, 16:20
Dominic et al; a very belated addition to the thread, having just come across my ticket to The Manic Street Preachers' concert at the Roundhouse, Camden.

This has reminded me to suggest that v-flyers who are hungry for pizza, whilst in London, might wish to point themselves towards Franco Manca Sourdough Pizza on Tottenham Court Road (number 98) 020 7580 1913 although, I have no idea if they accept reservations.

What I do know is that we consumed two, rather delicious pizzas, a healthy and nutritious salad and a bottle of Ottavio Rube's organic wine before making off with a copy of the (paper, recycled; probably) menu:

Number 4: Gloucester Old Spot Ham (home cured), mozzarella, buffalo ricotta, wild mushrooms (not heavy on the tomato) £6.85

Number 5: Tomato, garlic, oregano, capers, olives, anchovies and mozzarella £6.70

Mixed leaf salad with alfafa sprouts and home-made dressing £2.25

Ottavio Rube Bianco (Cortese) 750 ml £13.95

All, in all, a rather good meal; we ate at around 6 pm, by the time we left, to head for Camden, there were, maybe, 40 people waiting, outside, in the rain.
Virgin Atlantic