This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962129 by Razorback
08 Aug 2023, 10:41
I am trying to book a flight from MAN to MEM via ATL for June next year. On the VS website when I select on UC fare it only gives me the option of UC with Virgin and Comfort + on Delta.

Looking at other flight combinations on the website seems to give same result.

How do I get the ability to book First Class on the Delta flight please?

I made the same trip a couple of months ago and when I booked it gave UC/FC as the default combination.
#962131 by mitchja
08 Aug 2023, 10:44
I've seen this happen before with DL connecting flights. It's probably down to lack of availability in DL First as VS will only have a certain amount of First class seats available on every DL flight.
#962132 by CommanderB
08 Aug 2023, 12:28
mitchja wrote:I've seen this happen before with DL connecting flights. It's probably down to lack of availability in DL First as VS will only have a certain amount of First class seats available on every DL flight.

That’s interesting. I didn’t know they’d mix fare buckets like that. Good thing to watch out for! Thanks Mitchja.
#962133 by mitchja
08 Aug 2023, 13:47
I remember chatting to a couple who I initially spoke to on a MAN>ATL flight. It turned out they were also on the same onward ATL>FLL DL flight as me too as I caught up with them again as we were waiting to board the DL flight, however, they were in Comfort+ whereas I was in First. We had both booked directly with VS as Upper Class return, all I can think of is I must have booked before them and got the last of the First available.

Also DL don’t (or at least didn’t) offer First on all their routes. When I used to fly ATL>EWN before DL pulled that route the small regional A/C DL used never had a First cabin. One row of Comfort+ which was actually just the bulkhead row!
#962134 by Razorback
08 Aug 2023, 15:43
I have had another play on the website and it looks as if I were to book earlier for the same route (e.g. March 2004) the UC/FC offering is there, whereas trying to book for later (June 2024) only UC/C+ is available.

I would if maybe the Delta FC inventory has not been released to VS yet?

Maybe I need to wait a little longer.... for the flights we took this year I only booked in this January.
Virgin Atlantic