This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962283 by Flybybutterfly
30 Aug 2023, 21:00
Planning to fly MAN to MCO next September.

I was thinking of treating myself to upper class for the first time but I’m hearing mixed reviews on the 350 upper class seats - a lot of people don’t seem to like the 350 seats?
But when I look at the “older” 330 seats, they seem the worse choice because there’s no privacy and you are overlooked by quite a few passengers.

(Obviously it’s hard to predict which aircraft will be used this far ahead of time but from what I’ve seen, it seems the earlier flight uses the 330 and the later flight uses the 350).

But just wondering if I let fate decide or at least try and aim for a specific aircraft.

Are the 350s really that bad? I thought they’d be nice and private (I get terribly air sick and would really enjoy the privacy)
#962284 by CommanderB
30 Aug 2023, 21:14
You’re never going to get a decisive answer because it’s a very personal preference.

I’m a vocal critic of the A350. But that’s just me. I feel that it has no character at all, and there’s issues with the seat.

However. If you like privacy, A350 is a good choice. I’ve never had an issue with privacy on the 333/789 but the Upper Class suites on the 350 are a lot more enclosed than the 333.

I do feel very strongly that the 333/789 seats are better suited to overnight flights as the bed mode of the seat is far superior.
#962286 by mitchja
30 Aug 2023, 21:21
The only passenger that overlooks you on the A333’s (and B789’s) is the one sat opposite you when in the middle G seats or the K window seats. Pick any of the A window seats and there no-one opposite you as you face the wall which is the back of the G seats.