This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962500 by daviis
04 Oct 2023, 09:23
Morning All. Hubby and I applied for our GE renewal 21 weeks ago. I got mine back approved within 4 days hubbys is still pending.

I’ve tried used the help and search function but got nowhere and I sent an email to the support address but only got a standard auto reply. Does anyone have any ideas on how we might progress or push this along ?

I’ve looked at trying to reapply but there is no option to do this so any ideas gratefully received.

TIA
#962503 by markyl
04 Oct 2023, 09:59
Here is our experience over the last year

Mine was renewed for 5 years very quickly after applying - no interview required

Wife + 2 daughters all got 1 year automatic extension when applying for renewal

Son is now held pending review (he has turned 18 since his 1st application no sure if that's the issue) , his has now expired but web site states he can still use GE whilst his application is in the system

No logic !!
#962511 by tontybear
04 Oct 2023, 16:52
I'm still waiting since applying for renewal in February

There really isn't any way to push it through.

Reapplying won't help plus it will cost you another $100

One advantage of doing a renewal before expiry is the two year extension your existing status.

It used to be the case that having a trip booked would somehow bring you to the front of the queue but i've been to the US 3 times since I applied and that didn't work. I have a trip next January so maybe that will trigger it (as that is after my GE expiry date)
#962514 by daviis
04 Oct 2023, 18:22
tontybear wrote:I'm still waiting since applying for renewal in February

There really isn't any way to push it through.

Reapplying won't help plus it will cost you another $100

One advantage of doing a renewal before expiry is the two year extension your existing status.

It used to be the case that having a trip booked would somehow bring you to the front of the queue but i've been to the US 3 times since I applied and that didn't work. I have a trip next January so maybe that will trigger it (as that is after my GE expiry date)

Unfortunately both our GE had expired and we got new passports so we haven’t got the automatic extension.
I guess we’re just going to have to wait and fingers crossed it’ll come through before next April when we next go to the US