This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962567 by mitchja
13 Oct 2023, 08:56
A quick hello from the 1903 lounge as I’m off to Fort Lauderdale again today via ATL.

Stayed at the new(ish) Holiday Inn T2 last night which was fantastic and highly recommended. Whilst it’s not directly linked to T2, it’s just a short walk from T2 arrivals on the ground floor to the hotel. There’s also a new IBIS next to it as well.

Fast track security was a breeze this morning. It actually took longer to get through those silly slow automatic entry gates before security; as they were struggling to scan the bar codes and pretty much every one needed manual intervention.

The 1903 lounge is not too busy and pretty relaxing this morning.
#962569 by mitchja
13 Oct 2023, 09:54
Looks like I’m flying on G-VRAY today and departing from a B gate (which I think is a remote stand).

The original ‘200’ gates still looked to be in use by TUI and Jet2.
#962571 by mitchja
13 Oct 2023, 11:23
Onboard G-VRAY and settled into 6K and I can confirm all the MAN T2 B gates are indeed bus gates / remote stands.
#962588 by mitchja
14 Oct 2023, 15:25
LOL at VS’s IT as I’ve just received the ‘thanks for flying with us’ survey email apart from it reads:

Hello, thanks so much for flying with us
It was wonderful to welcome you back onboard and to look after you.
We hope you enjoyed your flight from Lagos to London Heathrow

#962590 by CommanderB
14 Oct 2023, 17:05
mitchja wrote:LOL at VS’s IT as I’ve just received the ‘thanks for flying with us’ survey email apart from it reads:

Hello, thanks so much for flying with us
It was wonderful to welcome you back onboard and to look after you.
We hope you enjoyed your flight from Lagos to London Heathrow

Airline IT man...
#962594 by CommanderB
15 Oct 2023, 17:42
I just got a “tell us about your Washington to LHR flight” email…

(Haven’t done that flight).

So somethings borked.
Virgin Atlantic