This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962821 by clairemac75
23 Nov 2023, 01:38
Good evening, my daughter and I are flying to Vegas next month in PE. My flight was paid for with points, and hers using a credit card companion voucher. As a result out flights have been processed as two separate bookings with different reference numbers.

I've been considering putting in bids for an upgrade, but am concerned at the possibility of one of our bids being accepted and the other not (obviously if both of us were unable to upgrade we'd want to sit together in PE).

I've queries with VA whether there is any way to link any bids in these circumstances, and been advised that there is not.

Can anyone give any insight as to whether it is possible to put in an upgrade bid, but subsequently turn this down once accepted and processed? If not, and UC seats remain available when we check in, are these usually available at rates comparable with the lower end of the eligible amounts that can be entered as part of the bidding process, or would we be looking at the full fare difference?

Thanks in advance for any insight
#962830 by Planelover
24 Nov 2023, 19:52
AFAIK No way to decline a successful upgrade bid unfortunately. It goes through automatically a few days before the flight unless payment is declined for some reason at which point they decline the bid and offer to the next successful bidder.

Best bet is calling up within 24 hours of the flight and ask for the latest upgrade prices for both reservations.

You can also do so at check-in but the price quoted would depend on existing loads in PE and UC cabins.