This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963149 by Mattonlaptop
15 Jan 2024, 23:42
Was due to fly back on VS118 last week MIA to LHR at 4pm. I won a bid £460 from PE to UC.

Got to bag drop and they had overbooked so offered me a voucher for a free UC return anywhere on a VS operated flight to be used in 3 years if I moved to the 2240 flight.

Win win for me as also moved from the 787 on to the 350.

Great work from Virgin!
#963150 by CommanderB
16 Jan 2024, 09:39
Not a bad outcome for you.

I hate the fact they say "free" though. Because the T's and C's of those vouchers actually require you to pay the taxes & fees just like a reward flight. You just don't pay the miles portion. So it's best used on the longer routes for max value.

I had an agent at MCO offer me this once and when I pressed, she said "It's absolutely free" and when I made her read the terms, she became rather embarrassed!
#963153 by Mattonlaptop
16 Jan 2024, 16:45
CommanderB wrote:Not a bad outcome for you.

I hate the fact they say "free" though. Because the T's and C's of those vouchers actually require you to pay the taxes & fees just like a reward flight. You just don't pay the miles portion. So it's best used on the longer routes for max value.

I had an agent at MCO offer me this once and when I pressed, she said "It's absolutely free" and when I made her read the terms, she became rather embarrassed!

Thank you, I thought it was a good outcome.

For the purposes of accuracy I have attached the t's and c's and it appears to include all applicable taxes and fees.
Attachments
Screenshot_20240116-154028.png
Screenshot_20240116-154028.png (363.54 KiB) Viewed 1617 times
#963155 by mitchja
16 Jan 2024, 17:32
I believe there are (or at least used to be) 2 different types of vouchers (previously known as red and green select). One voucher includes taxes, the other doesn’t. It just depends on the reason for issue which voucher type you do get.
#963156 by CommanderB
16 Jan 2024, 17:55
mitchja wrote:I believe there are (or at least used to be) 2 different types of vouchers (previously known as red and green select). One voucher includes taxes, the other doesn’t. It just depends on the reason for issue which voucher type you do get.

That matches up with my experience. Didn't know about the two different names though. Thanks for sharing!
Virgin Atlantic