This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963260 by Rainbowpantsjay
31 Jan 2024, 20:45
Anyone know what meal service you get in UC for LHR - PVG?

Due to fly in October with departure time of 12:30pm, and it states you get main meal then breakfast only. I would assume you would get two main meals plus breakfast and also light bites?
#963268 by International Hitman
02 Feb 2024, 14:02
Main meal served probably 2 hours after take off [always feels like it's too soon especially if you have eaten in the clubhouse] cabin begins to lock down and darken an hour or so after main service finishes, most folks slowly begin to sleep or work by seat light, light bites [and the bar of course] available until breakfast, cabin illuminates and breakfast served a couple of hours before landing, it all passes very quickly and feels very much like a night flight, no need for a second main meal.
#963277 by CJ17
04 Feb 2024, 16:54
Lunch is served after take-off, preorder is usually available departing LHR if you're in premium/upper. There will be snacks available throughout the whole flight (potato chips, chocolate, gummy bears, etc.). Cheese toasties (or similar) are served about halfway then breakfast 1.5-2 hours before landing.

It's a long flight and a lot of people do feel hungry during the flight. Some would bring pot noodles and ask crew for hot water - great life hack!
#963284 by Rainbowpantsjay
05 Feb 2024, 20:59
Thanks both :D
Pleased to hear that it is more like a night flight as we land the next day at 8ishAM, so want to try get some rest to go explore as soon as we land.

I have noticed the flights apart from the next week or so are pretty empty. Is it usual to have a very low load onboard?
I hope they making enough money with pax. and cargo
#963306 by CJ17
06 Feb 2024, 23:28
Upper and PE on this route are usually quite busy! Economy can be pretty empty from time to time, but sometimes people don't choose seats in advance as it costs extra money now...

Arrival time is great if you can manage to get some sleep onboard, enjoy your trip!
Virgin Atlantic