This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963324 by mitchja
08 Feb 2024, 17:13
Anyone else having issues with their KTN disappearing from bookings and their Flying Club profile?

Just noticed it's gone (again) from my Flying Club profile page which has happened a few times now and it's no where to be seen in any of my bookings either! The website wouldn't let me add it as when you fill in the box and click the save button; nothing happens. I had to online chat with an agent to get it added to all 3 of my current bookings.

I can see it now the agent has added it to each booking.
#963325 by David1946
08 Feb 2024, 18:55
Have experienced this as well but was able to add it again. Had issues last week ordering meals for last Tuesday's VS109. Each time it told me that there was an error and to try again. Lo and behold the cabin crew member confirmed it had been noted. Sounds like the usual VS software problems.
#963360 by dmc
14 Feb 2024, 11:34
I used to have this problem all the time last year: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=300871&p=961881&hilit=ktn#p961879

It was solved by updating the app last time, and I wonder if they haven't somehow re-introduced the same bug in the app again that wipes the KTN from bookings and profile.

Also if having issues adding the KTN back in to a booking where it won't let you save, I found back then that making some other minor tweak to the passenger info along with the KTN and then saving works - making sure to change the passenger info back to what it should be afterwards of course.
#963368 by Silver Fox
17 Feb 2024, 10:38
Yes, I am having the same issue. I don't fancy the workaround of changing anything else in my details and then praying that Virgin's robust software allows me to change it back again! I shall try the chat function at some stage, it's not working today it seems but perhaps that is normal for a weekend.

Edited to add this which may be a workaround.

I was using Firefox and was logged into my account. I have been noticing odd things with FF of late and don't find it as good as it once was. That being the case I switched to Chrome to try something slightly different and this is what I did on Chrome:

1) Went to the Manage my Booking page
2) I did not login into my FC account
3) Searched using PNR and first/last name to bring up the booking
4) When booking loaded I went to Change Details
5) Entered my DOB, sex, and KTN and clicked on Save Changes even though it was greyed out
6) Got the Saving Passenger Information popup

So it seemed to stick on Chrome. Now I headed back to FF and went into my booking and I can see the KTN has stuck in my profile for now. If I go to the app the KTN is not there but perhaps that is a timing thing. Anyway, I shall keep an eye on it and see if this made it stick.
#963382 by alexr
21 Feb 2024, 07:25
Thanks for this thread -- my KTN appears to have gone missing as well. I tried setting it from Safari, Firefox, Chrome, the iOS app (doesn't let you set it, but does let you view it), and Safari on iOS. Clicking the Save Changes button didn't work in any of those cases for me.

I called in and had it set by the Flying Club staff as well as reported that the website has a bug.
Virgin Atlantic