This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963373 by evanspa1
19 Feb 2024, 04:37
For years VS Gold card holders have been able to access DL lounges when connecting to / from an international flight, regardless of travel class (and the VS website confirms this).

Flying SAN - LAX - LHR in economy lite (!) today I was initially refused entry entry at SAN saying that basic economy fares no longer access DL lounges. They showed me the written criteria which changed in January. Thankfully they took pitty, and let me in ‘just this once’. Economy classic or above still seems to qualify.

As a side note, economy lite seats on DL are assigned at the gate, and not selectable from the VS website. One positive for today was being upgraded to comfort+ on the whopping 109 mile flight :cool:
#963374 by mitchja
19 Feb 2024, 12:50
As you say this is a new policy which came into effect Jan 1st 2024 for all DL basic economy fares (or partner airline equivalent fares).

It is mentioned on the Delta website here in the SkyTeam Elite Plus (Non-Delta members) section (it wont let me copy the text to quote it).

As it's their lounge, their entry policy overrules any other airline policy so you were lucky.

VS need to update their website accordingly.
#963388 by narikin
21 Feb 2024, 14:32
Good to know, thanks for sharing.
Well, not 'good' actually - yet another ratcheting of the screws!
Air France same too / soon I imagine.

I too fly Economy Light on rare occasions, NYC>LHR mostly. Being Au makes it fairly painless.
Personally, I stick to VS metal whenever possible.
Delta is a royal pain, and their lounges are a joke, compared to VS.
Virgin Atlantic