This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963552 by David
14 Mar 2024, 19:11
Have a look and be prepared to dig a bit but there are some good deals. Some not exactly 50% off but plenty of choice if your flexible.

I managed a couple of deals. One next month and another June / July and saved a few fare miles.

Happy hunting

David

(Oh and another up to 70% bonus if you need to buy any miles )
#963553 by Backs999
15 Mar 2024, 10:54
They will also allow you to rebook for the £30 fee and reward the difference. I did this yesterday and got back around 47000 points
#963555 by Q_Division
15 Mar 2024, 11:40
Backs999 wrote:They will also allow you to rebook for the £30 fee and reward the difference. I did this yesterday and got back around 47000 points

Presumably this requires new availability on the reward seats?
#963561 by mitchja
15 Mar 2024, 14:38
Be careful though as I just looked at a reward flight I have booked later in the year to see if it was any less, it had actually increased by 5000 points!
#963587 by Backs999
19 Mar 2024, 14:45
Q_Division wrote:
Backs999 wrote:They will also allow you to rebook for the £30 fee and reward the difference. I did this yesterday and got back around 47000 points

Presumably this requires new availability on the reward seats?

Amazingly this wasn't the case on the inbound but they refunded the difference anyway.

I am finding Virgin to be very inconsistent with their agents at the moment!
#963588 by OliverD241
19 Mar 2024, 15:00
I have just booked LHR-BOS, IAD-LHR for May. 95,000 2x UC return! Amazing, taxes are not so amazing! So high!

Lots of availability on many routes for the outbound, but very difficult to find on inbound.

Took me a full day to find the right routing… as we are going Boston, Philly, Washington D.C and New Orleans… sadly no ATL flights in UC on the inbound for many of the dates, or TPA or MIA or MCO. So have to go LHR - BOS. Then JetBlue to New Orleans then AA back to Philly then Amtrak to Washington DC… does anyone know how good JetBlue is on domestic flights?

And I agree, agents are hit and miss at the moment.
Wanted to change some other reward seats, already changed twice without fee as I am gold flyer.
When I wanted to do changes again they said I had to pay the change fee for 1 person as it’s supposedly only the Gold member that gets free changes and not all travellers in the booking.. yet could see previous changes were free. .. I guess it’s pot-luck sometimes
Virgin Atlantic