This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963570 by Sunshine789
15 Jan 2022, 15:50
Travelling UC from Heathrow. fare class d. Trying to work out if we can book a transfer with points? I can only see mention of 17500 point chauffeur offer for G reward class ticket holders. We live a £20 taxi fare from Gatwick and am baulking at the Heathrow cost hence trying to see if I can use points instead. Thanks.
#963572 by ColOrd
15 Jan 2022, 17:01
I don’t think you can. I’m fairly certain even adding the chauffer on to a G fare is no longer a thing! They stopped chauffeurs a while back for J, C and D fares as allegedly the demand wasn’t there!
#963619 by Restus
18 Jan 2022, 20:13
ColOrd wrote:I don’t think you can. I’m fairly certain even adding the chauffer on to a G fare is no longer a thing! They stopped chauffeurs a while back for J, C and D fares as allegedly the demand wasn’t there!

I was able to book a chauffeur onto a G fare last week for 17.5k points - I ended up arranging it through Twitter DM to avoid the never-ending waiting time on the phone...
#963623 by ColOrd
18 Jan 2022, 20:36
Happy to be proved wrong hopefully this will help Sunshine789
#963648 by abzflyer
21 Jan 2022, 10:07
Yeah, I can confirm that contacting through Twitter for chauffeur booking works a treat. Booked this yesterday, two messages and we are fully booked for March, 17.5k points. Easy as you like.
#963668 by Sunshine789
24 Jan 2022, 13:38
Thanks abzflyer… tried the Twitter dm route. Was indeed easy to make contact that way. But they confirmed that the 17.5k miles chauffeur is only for UC reward booking or reward upgrades to UC.

To be fair, this what it says on the website. So sadly I’ll have to stump up actual £££ to get to LHR. First world problems. Frankly it’ll be a privilege to get away on holiday if it happens. So fingers crossed.
#964904 by Spaceman
20 May 2022, 20:53
Well so far I've spent 48 hours exchanging messages via Twitter DM... I did make some progress initially but was 'on hold' for around a day before I got another reply and have since gone backwards, as the current agent replying seems intent on making me use the telephone contact centre - because they have to take payment details... Even though I'm trying to use my reward points...
I'll persevere but clearly Virgin doesn't want people to use their points for the chauffeur service!
Virgin Atlantic