This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963639 by Leon
20 Jan 2022, 17:02
Simple question for those who have travelled back recently (January 2022) into T3 - how are the queues at Border Patrol? Are the E-gates working?

Thanks

Leon
#963642 by Leon
20 Jan 2022, 18:02
Thanks for the quick responses - obviously it can change on the day but good to know it seems to be working ok atm.

Best

Leon
#963650 by Go_Vols
21 Jan 2022, 12:18
Hi - for what it's worth, I came back through last Saturday morning at about 10:30am on VS156 and I literally walked through the e-gates.. no queuing at all. I went through customs with my bag at the same time as the flight crew that had been working our flight. I was in my car in the long stay car park within the hour of getting off the plane.

There was another Virgin plane pulling up when I was walking through the terminal - so maybe we hit lucky with a lack of other arrivals at that time.
#963716 by Leon
28 Jan 2022, 17:34
Quick update - arrived back into T3 yesterday (27/1/22) on VS20 from SFO. Arrived at gate 40 minutes early :D and through the e-gates at border control with hardly a pause for breath.

However, 40 minute wait until the baggage carousel started moving ;-(

Great flight and good service in both SFO Clubhouse and Revivals, although the food options in SFO seem to have been reduced a little?

Also, still having trouble getting my phone to connect using Boingo on the flight :-(
#963717 by mitchja
28 Jan 2022, 18:05
Leon wrote:
Also, still having trouble getting my phone to connect using Boingo on the flight :-(

It can be hit and miss at times, especially now if you are using an iOS device with the iCloud+ Privacy Relay option enabled. Try disabling that next time. I also use 1Blocker (online ad/tracker blocker) here which I have to also disable to get access to the on-board WiFi log-on webpage.

Have you set-up your account via this link? (you will need your VS Reward+ 16 digit card number).

Also Boingo log-in is only available on the VS A350's and B789's. It's not available on the A333's as they use the GoGo WiFi platform.
#963718 by flyingfox
28 Jan 2022, 18:39
Leon wrote:Quick update - arrived back into T3 yesterday (27/1/22) on VS20 from SFO. Arrived at gate 40 minutes early :D and through the e-gates at border control with hardly a pause for breath.

However, 40 minute wait until the baggage carousel started moving ;-(

Great flight and good service in both SFO Clubhouse and Revivals, although the food options in SFO seem to have been reduced a little?

Thanks for the update, did you notice any changes/issues with the SFO Clubhouse now it’s open/operated by Plaza Premium at the same time that the VS20 operates?

I guess the SFO Clubhouse menu here is now out of date?
#963719 by Leon
29 Jan 2022, 09:01
Thanks Mitchja
iOS device with the iCloud+ Privacy Relay option enabled
- will try disabling that next time. Yes, I'm signed up as a plus member.

Flyingfox - yes that menu's well out of date. It's some of the same staff in the SFO Clubhouse but obviously there's been some turnover in the last 24 months. Still very welcoming though.

Are you saying 2 different companies operate the lounge depending on the time of day? I find that an odd arrangement if true.

Leon
#963721 by flyingfox
29 Jan 2022, 13:25
Leon wrote:Thanks Mitchja
iOS device with the iCloud+ Privacy Relay option enabled
- will try disabling that next time. Yes, I'm signed up as a plus member.

Flyingfox - yes that menu's well out of date. It's some of the same staff in the SFO Clubhouse but obviously there's been some turnover in the last 24 months. Still very welcoming though.

Are you saying 2 different companies operate the lounge depending on the time of day? I find that an odd arrangement if true.

Leon

Thanks, yes VS have outsourced all the overseas clubhouses to the Premium Plaza group, you can by a 3 hour pass for the SFO Clubhouse which is open from 10:30 - 17:30.
Virgin Atlantic