This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963683 by ColOrd
25 Jan 2022, 14:16
£30 from the T3 HGI to Wing! Bloody hell thats extortion I suppose you were only in the car for seconds really to go up the ramp?

I didn't think any of the taxi companies would take people from that hotel to T2 or 3 cos of how short a distance it was.
#963684 by classybird
25 Jan 2022, 15:52
Just spoke to someone at HAL re £5 drop off fee and they confirmed that as of 1st Feb 2022, the £5 charge will apply to the VUCW. If travelling via taxi/private car hire then the £5 charge will automatically be added to the fare . Also, this is the number to ring for updates, queries, refunds and exemptions etc. 0333 200 7459.
#963685 by classybird
25 Jan 2022, 16:11
Just spoke to someone at HAL and they confirmed that the £5 drop off charge will commence from the 1st Feb 2022 at the VUCW. If travelling by taxi/private hire car , then the £5 charge will be added to the fare. If a friend/relative is dropping you off then there are several options for payment.
You can pay in advance, on the day you drop-off, or by midnight the next day. You have three ways to pay: online, by autopay functionality or by automated telephone service. For more info : https://www.heathrow.com/transport-and- ... off-charge. Also, there is a phone number (0333 200 7459) for queries, refunds and exemptions relating to the £5 charge. (Unless there are further changes!!)
#963710 by OCdreamin
28 Jan 2022, 10:47
ColOrd wrote:£30 from the T3 HGI to Wing! Bloody hell thats extortion I suppose you were only in the car for seconds really to go up the ramp?

I didn't think any of the taxi companies would take people from that hotel to T2 or 3 cos of how short a distance it was.

Actually the route from the hotel pick-up & drop off point does not lead straight to the UCW ramp, and cab has to loop around the T2/3 road system a bit to get there. So not seconds, but not many minutes ;-)
#965034 by caland
08 Jun 2022, 17:54
So we got dropped off by friends and I had previously thought the Upper Wing was exempt from the drop off fees. As I wasn’t with them I don’t know which way they went.
Now they have gotten the £80 Parking Charge Note, has anyone appealed it or should I just pay the £40 now?
Virgin Atlantic