This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963855 by mitchja
22 Apr 2024, 20:23
Heading back home this evening after 4 days in New York.

Oh my, how things have changed since I was last here. VS Upper Class check-in isn’t particularly premium any more as the combined Delta One/Upper Class premium check in area that used to be at the far end has now gone, well Delta still use it by the looks of things and VS are now using their own standard desks in row 4.

No idea if things are planned here at JFK as the old Upper Class check-in area is actually boarded off but it’s pretty poor when VS Upper check in at both LHR and JFK isn’t particularly premium and are disrupted >-(

Not a good first impression for first time travellers in either direction on what is probably VS’s most lucrative route.
#963858 by Treelo
Yesterday, 11:01
Hope the flight was OK James - shame about the not-so-good check in experience though. Is this another example of VS cutbacks?
#963866 by Razorback
Yesterday, 14:58
I am flying for the first time to JFK in October and was looking forward to the Upper Class check-in experience in T4.

So this news is a little disappointing. Let's hope it is only temporary.

Welcome home James.